#DailyPicture #Education #Travel #Love #Wedding #Food #BlahBlahBlah. What is this hashtag all about? Why is it such important part of our lives? Social Media is the king and hashtag one of the soldier and we are all slaves of this Dominating King. Well, the King- “Social Media” is succeeding well at fulfilling its responsibilities and keeping his followers happy. Communication has become easier, Businesses have expanded, Talents are recognized, Unsaid things are spoken up and so on.
Without Hashtags, there is No post. In fact, the hashtag is so recognized that it was added to the Oxford dictionary in 2010, and the Scrabble Dictionary in 2014 (#official). We are leading a life that is based solely on increasing visibility through tools like Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter. Well, to understand Hashtag let’s consider the definition given by Twitter. A hashtag—written with a # symbol—is used to index keywords or topics on Twitter. This function was created on Twitter and allows people to easily follow topics they are interested in. Enough of this typical Introduction like grade 5. Let’s get to the point, how hashtag helps our business.
Using Hashtags will bring your post in limelight.
- Using common or generic hashtags can prove to be a disadvantage for your business. If you incorporate generic hashtags like #marketing, #media or #fashion, imagine the number of posts which are using similar hashtags every hour. Thus, the chances of your posts making it to the top tend to get reduced, thereby failing to reach your desired audience.
- You need to be smart enough to use the right hashtags for the right things.
- Avoid Using punctuations and conjunctions in a hashtag.
- Try being specific with your hashtags. You should know who is your target audience.
- Brand hashtags are also great for user-generated content campaigns and contests.
- Don’t go too long or too clever.
- Keep it simple, unique and easy to remember.
So, here I end today’s lesson for #HASHTAG. These tips will surely improve the way you use hashtags. Tada!